[Xcb] New release of xcb ?

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 00:19:12 PDT 2015

Hi Uli

> We still have some critical bugs that are not fixed.
> Therefore we cannot make a release now.

[...]

> I am sorry for the long time this takes. But we are working in our spare-time
> besides full-time jobs and other responsibilities. So this unfortunately
> takes time.

Sure, I've been maintaining free software projects on my own spare time so I know how it goes, no worries!

> If you need this quicker for a project, you can apply the 64bit API patch to
> the last official release of XCB.

Yeap, that's exactly the approach we took, but it can cause some trouble when people also have an "upstream" version installed from sources somewhere on their system. Arguably a broken setup but something that happens sometimes.

> Or you could make a branch for this in the official repo and make an official
> release out of that that is just the last release + 64bit API patch.

That's a very good idea!

Let's give it some more time to see how the other fixes go and, if needed, we'll do that if everyone agrees.

Thanks!
Olivier