[Xcb] License of XCB-XML and GPL v3+

Bart Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Aug 5 09:57:03 PDT 2015

I am not a lawyer either.

That said, if you are asking whether you can relicense specifically X code
such as XCB XML under the GPL (or any other license) the answer is no,
unless you can get permission from all copyright holders to do so. (It's
not your code, so you can't control its licensing.) The project you are
working with will have to settle for including the XCB XML under its
existing license (which should be fine), for doing without it, or for
getting agreement from all who have contributed to it. That last seems
quite hard to me.