[Xcb] New release of xcb ?

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 00:36:57 PDT 2015

Hi Uli

----- Original Message -----
> However, looking through the changes in master, I propose to also include the
> following two commits:
>
>  5b40681c88719 "Fix a thread hang with xcb_wait_for_special_event()"
>  f85661c3bca97 "Call _xcb_wake_up_next_reader from
>  xcb_wait_for_special_event"
>
> These two commit fix multi-thread hangs with code using
> xcb_wait_for_special_event(). If I remember correctly, the combination of
> Mesa
> and the PRESENT extension managed to run into this and it's a problem "in the
> real world". Also these changes seem low-risk to me (famous last words...).

I reckon it makes sense to include bug fixes in this bug fix release :-)

Seriously though, this is an issue I faced myself while adding Xpresent support to xfwm4 so I would definitely appreciate these fixes to be added.

 > [If no one complains, I will just do this myself. I guess I'd create my own
> branch for the release and just cherry-pick cb621341a62e "expose 64-bit
> sequence
> numbers for XLib" by hand as well.]

The cherry-pick is straightforward and will apply without change, it's a no-brainer here.

> > I've also signed the tag on my mirror repo, but if this is not suitable, no
> problem at all, I can easily wipe this out and redo it (as long as it's not
> merged in the official repo ^_~)
>
> I don't remember what the ReleasingXCB docs say, but I think it would be nice
> if
> the tag is signed by the same key that also signs the release announcement
> mail.
> So whoever does that job should also create the tag (that's me, right?).
>
> For next steps, the usual "by crickets" approach is to wait a while to give
> others the chance to complain and then just "do it".

No complain from me, but you knew that already ^_~

> So... if no one minds: Next weekend?

Sounds great.

Cheers,
Olivier