[Xcb] New release of xcb ?

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Wed Sep 2 12:28:25 PDT 2015

Hi,

Am 31.08.2015 um 17:33 schrieb Olivier Fourdan:
[...]
> Please let me know if that looks good and what would be the next step

Thanks for this.

However, looking through the changes in master, I propose to also include the
following two commits:

 5b40681c88719 "Fix a thread hang with xcb_wait_for_special_event()"
 f85661c3bca97 "Call _xcb_wake_up_next_reader from xcb_wait_for_special_event"

These two commit fix multi-thread hangs with code using
xcb_wait_for_special_event(). If I remember correctly, the combination of Mesa
and the PRESENT extension managed to run into this and it's a problem "in the
real world". Also these changes seem low-risk to me (famous last words...).

[If no one complains, I will just do this myself. I guess I'd create my own
branch for the release and just cherry-pick cb621341a62e "expose 64-bit sequence
numbers for XLib" by hand as well.]

> I've also signed the tag on my mirror repo, but if this is not suitable, no
problem at all, I can easily wipe this out and redo it (as long as it's not
merged in the official repo ^_~)

I don't remember what the ReleasingXCB docs say, but I think it would be nice if
the tag is signed by the same key that also signs the release announcement mail.
So whoever does that job should also create the tag (that's me, right?).

For next steps, the usual "by crickets" approach is to wait a while to give
others the chance to complain and then just "do it".

So... if no one minds: Next weekend?

Cheers,
Uli
--
- Buck, when, exactly, did you lose your mind?
- Three months ago. I woke up one morning married to a pineapple.