[Xcb] update to libxcb 1.12 breaks 32bit applications

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at dukun.de
Sat Jun 4 10:29:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

i am using ArchLinux and we recently received an update for libxcb 1.12.
to run 32bit applications in 64bit environments we have a multilib
repository, providing 32bit versions of required libs, lib32-libxcb in
this case.
with the new version of xcb several 32bit applications stopped working
and crash immediately on startup. one of these apps is acroread [0], it
was also reported on zsnes.
as i maintain the former, i collected some stack trace [1] and gdb
backtrace [2], of which i cannot make sense. is this helpful to you to
identify the root of this problem?

i am aware that acroread is an old crappy piece of ancient software, but
thats not the point here :)

i'll be glad to provide you with more information if needed.

best regards
georg

[0] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/acroread
[1] http://pastebin.com/FhQM3izE