[Xcb] update to libxcb 1.12 breaks 32bit applications

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sun Jun 5 07:53:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am 04.06.2016 um 12:29 schrieb G. Schlisio:
[...]
> as i maintain the former, i collected some stack trace [1]

That's strace output and not a stack trace. The only possible helpful thing in
there is:

 --- SIGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SI_KERNEL, si_addr=0} ---

so this is a NULL-pointer dereference.

> and gdb
> backtrace [2], of which i cannot make sense. is this helpful to you to
> identify the root of this problem?
[...]

No, it's not. Please recompile libxcb with debug symbols enabled so that the
stack trace says more than just ??.

Cheers,
Uli

P.S.: Since I have a feeling that you might ask, Google found:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Debug_-_Getting_Traces
--
- He made himself, me nothing, you nothing out of the dust
- Er machte sich mir nichts, dir nichts aus dem Staub