[Xcb] How to handle sync request?

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Mon Jun 6 09:43:58 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am 06.06.22 um 11:20 schrieb Diego Cortez:
> Most likely: https://xcb.freedesktop.org/manual/group__XCB__Sync__API.html

yeah, well, that's the API docs for the Sync extension. Its protocol
reference can be found here:

https://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.7/doc/xextproto/sync.html

However, that extension is implemented by the X11 server. Clients can
use it to implement other specs. Actually... I only know one such thing:
EWMH's _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST:
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html#idm45446104324656

Well... Марк, are these guesses right? What did you implement so far? Is
this code online/public somewhere? What does "but did not succeed" mean
exactly?

Cheers,
Uli
--
I'd be delighted to offer any advice I can. When I have some, I'll let
you know.