[Xcb] How to handle sync request?

Марк Лаго́дич lgd.mrk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:39:08 UTC 2022

*> Well... Марк, are these guesses right?*
Yes, that's right.

I was trying to make window resizing in my program just as smooth as in GTK
programs.
So far I have this:
https://github.com/MarkLagodych/xcb-opengl-simple-program
(based on Qt4 source code:
https://dreamswork.github.io/qt4/qxcbwindow_8cpp_source.html#l00563)
My program uses OpenGL with GLX (sorry, forgot to mention that).
I've been playing with my code for a while and it looks like resizing is
smooth now, however I'm still not sure whether the code is correct.
Could you tell me, please, if I'm handling the _NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST and
drawing correctly?
Is the order of updating the synchronization counter and painting the
window right?