[Xdevconf] Re: xdevconf presentations

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Wed Apr 28 03:59:18 EST 2004

There are various constraints on timing and topics I'm juggling....

So I'm doing the best I can to do a decent ordering.

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 13:53, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I might suggest moving the people with the established papers to the morning
> slots and putting the more discussion oriented things in the afternoon.
>
> I also see that my request for a discussion about Longhorn/Mac has now evolved
> into me doing a presentation on it. I'm putting together some slides on the main
> topics but I don't want people expecting a presentation on the level of the
> people with existing papers. This complicated since I know for sure that several
> of the attendees know more about this topic than I do. I'm hoping for group
> participation since my Mac knowledge is very light.

That's fine.  Don't sweat it.  This is all informal.

> Just in case you're wondering, I'm not a high school student. I've been in the
> PC industry since it started, working at Microsoft, Intel, IBM and three start
> ups. I usually do product marketing jobs. Right now I'm working on my own
> without a corporate affiliation.
>
> Is the room an auditorium with a podium or is it conference tables?

Auditorium with podium, set up with conference tables, with
four, count them, four, video screens across the front of the
room, and the place wired for sound.
                            - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com>