Opening a browser

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Aug 2 18:10:47 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 16:55 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:

<snip>
> > - Does it control the browser through other means?
>
> According to [2] it launches chrome with a custom profile and injects
> javascript code in the page. I assume that it's used for
> bidirectional
> communication with the editor which allows the 'live preview'
> functionality to work.

I don't see a way to support this properly without you embedding a copy
of Chrome (or maybe just Chromium?) inside your application.

The way I'd do this would be to first create a Flatpak for Chromium
(which would be no small task), and use the include support in the
Flatpak JSON file to include a copy of Chromium in your Brackets
Flatpak.

Good luck