Opening a browser

Mario Sanchez Prada msanchez at gnome.org
Tue Aug 2 18:34:50 UTC 2016

On 02/08/16 12:10, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 16:55 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> [...]
> I don't see a way to support this properly without you embedding a copy
> of Chrome (or maybe just Chromium?) inside your application.
>
> The way I'd do this would be to first create a Flatpak for Chromium
> (which would be no small task), and use the include support in the
> Flatpak JSON file to include a copy of Chromium in your Brackets
> Flatpak.

It's not finished yet (planning to go back to it soon, though) but if it
helps I've flatpak'ed our own version of chromium against the GNOME runtimes
a while ago. See the files I've used here:

https://github.com/mariospr/chromium-browser-flatpak

You might want to use a stable release tarball of upstream chromium instead
of our git repo, of course :-)

Mario