Geary 0.11.1 flatpak (version 2)

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 07:52:18 UTC 2016

On mån, 2016-07-11 at 13:02 +1000, Michael Gratton wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2016-07-01 at 12:19 +1000, Michael Gratton wrote:
> > >
> > >  >
> > >  > Maybe we should just bundle the help browser with the gnome
> > >  > runtime?
> > >  > That will conflict with the cross-app help references
> > > though...
> > >
> > >  What if apps placed their help files in a well-known location
> > > under
> > >  /export? If the external links use app names or can be somehow
> > >  indexed
> > >  into them, then if the runtime bundles a help browser that
> > >  understands
> > >  this it should Just Work™, right?
> > Exporting a massive set of data to the host which depends on some
> > vaguely defined version of some webbrowser seems both risky and
> > likely
> > to lead to problems down the line.
> Oh, I was thinking more about making it available to the runtime,
> not
> the host. Maybe that's already how it works?
>

> > Honestly, I think its better if each desktop bundles their help
> > browser
> > in their runtime.
> Yep, that does sound reasonable.
>

> > >  Relatedly, I'd like to get Geary into the Flatpak gnome-apps
> > > repo.
> > >  What's the correct process? Can I just commit the JSON file to
> > > the
> > >  branches in git.gnome.org/gnome-apps-nightly?
> > Yeah, just commit it. Unstable git builds to "master" branch and
> > 3.20
> > versions to the "3-20" branch.
> Cool, I committed the stable config to the 3.20 branch just before
> (the
> nightly build config is a WIP still) and after a bit of tweaking it
> built on all four arches fine.
>
> Who is the best person to talk to about getting the stable packages
> re-signed and migrated?

I'm currently the only person who can sign and import new stable
packages. Also, the workflow for the unstable builds is a bit up in the
air too. However, now I'm back from vacation and will look into making
this a bit more streamlined. However, Guadec is this week, so it will
have to wait until after that.

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a maverick playboy cyborg gone bad. She's a violent tomboy
advertising executive from out of town. They fight crime!