start sandbox without application (runtime debugging)

Dan Nicholson nicholson at endlessm.com
Tue Aug 16 15:26:45 UTC 2016

On Aug 16, 2016 4:24 AM, "Marco Strigl" <mstrigl at suse.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i started working with xdg-app and created an own runtime, commited it
into an ostree and wrote a first sample application.
> All fine. I can install the runtime and the application. But when i start
the application it states:

> execvp hello.sh: No such file or directory
>
> I tried to "bash" into the sandbox with: xdg-app run --command=bash
org.test.hello
> But then i get:
>
> execvp bash: No such file or directory

In my experience, this usually means that the dynamic linker can't be found
and nothing works. Look around for ld-linux.so.2 (or similar, depends on
architecture) in your runtime.

One thing that may be tripping you up is that a flatpak runtime requires
/usr merge. In particular, if your real dynamic linker lives in /lib, it
will be lost when creating the runtime because only /usr is committed.