start sandbox without application (runtime debugging)

Marco Strigl mstrigl at suse.de
Tue Aug 16 16:18:33 UTC 2016

On 08/16/2016 05:26 PM, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Aug 16, 2016 4:24 AM, "Marco Strigl" <mstrigl at suse.de <mailto:mstrigl at suse.de>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> i started working with xdg-app and created an own runtime, commited it into an ostree and wrote a first sample application.
>> All fine. I can install the runtime and the application. But when i start the application it states:
>>
>> execvp hello.sh: No such file or directory
>>
>> I tried to "bash" into the sandbox with: xdg-app run --command=bash org.test.hello
>> But then i get:
>>
>> execvp bash: No such file or directory
>
> In my experience, this usually means that the dynamic linker can't be found and nothing works. Look around for ld-linux.so.2 (or similar, depends on architecture) in your runtime.

Thanks for pointing me to this. I checked. My dynamic linker is inside the ostree:

/files/lib64/ld-2.19.so
/files/lib64/ld-linux.so.2 -> ld-2.19.so

> One thing that may be tripping you up is that a flatpak runtime requires /usr merge. In particular, if your real dynamic linker lives in /lib, it will be lost when creating the runtime because only /usr is committed.

Yes. I am aware of that. I have a small script that prepares my runtime for the ostree commit.
I am doing the following:
 - get linux system
 - move /usr to clean directory /runtime/files
 - cp some /etc	and /lib files from the base system
 - create metadata /runtime/metadata

Then i have
/runtime
   |_ files/