Flathub, initial proposal

Allan Day aday at gnome.org
Wed Aug 31 09:39:46 UTC 2016

Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Flatpak and the surrounding software projects
> (ostree/gnome-software/appstream/etc) are now in a pretty good
> state. We need to work on the portal implementation and port
> applications to that to make the sandboxing aspects work, but for the
> pure distribution usecase things mostly work.
>
> However, there are two big missing pieces in the full flatpak story:

This all sounds fantastic. From a design perspective I think the
interesting question is how to approach it in an evolutionary manner,
and still come up with something that feels and functions as a single
whole at the end.

Perhaps it would be useful to have a meeting or a call to go through
it in a bit of detail, with a view to coming up with some initial
designs for how the front-end should look?

Allan