Portals packages for the PPA

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Wed Sep 28 03:28:50 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com>
wrote:
> It would be great is someone could take over the PPA and maintain
> that.
> I'm definately not a great at ubuntu packaging...
>
> Unfortunately the current PPA is tied to my account and my personal
> GPG
> key. Is there a way to have a shared PPA and to move the current users
> there?

I don't think a PPA can be moved, since I'm pretty sure they can't have
their URL changed, but you can register a team, then add PPAs to it,
and have multiple people with upload permission for it. Team rego is
here: <https://launchpad.net/people/+newteam>

Note that this means users would need to change PPAs and key associated
with it. Again AFAIK, but I believe the uploader's key is used to only
ensure they built the source package, while each PPA has its own key,
which is used for signing the binaries.

I'd be happy to help out.

//Mike

--