Portals packages for the PPA

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Fri Sep 30 03:52:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com>
wrote:
> This means that (soon) the only thing we need to maintain is the 16.04
> PPA, which essentially is a trivial rebuild of the debian package, but
> with the system bwrap dropped in favour of the built-in one.
>
> So, to migrate the PPA at this point seems a bit too painful. However,
> I'd love some help doing and testing the package backports anyway.
> Maybe we can make a github fork of simons debian package, then we can
> do shared work there, but I submit the final builds to the PPA. How
> does that sound?

Hmm, yeah having a PPA for 16.04 (being long-term supported) would be
good, but it sill might be useful having some more up-to-date builds
for 16.10 anyway, while Flatpak development is still moving quickly
anyway. Doing no-change rebuilds like that aren't too painful.

If Simon is happy to have the PPA builds based off his packages, I'll
have time to get the fork going early next week.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>