Building arm on aarch64

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Mar 29 18:12:38 UTC 2017

Hi,
As you can see, my endeavour isn't over just yet.

Gnome kindly gave me access to an aarch64 system (much appreciated!)
where I've been trying to get the build sorted.

I'm using flatpak-build-tools to get things working on that system.
aarch64 seems to work just fine, arm builds don't seem to prosper that
well.

This is the build.conf I'm using nowadays:
https://paste.kde.org/piy2zsqpp/9kkvy0/raw

flatpak-builder is being called like this:
flatpak-builder --arch=arm --force-clean --require-changes --ccache
--repo=/srv/gnome_aarch64/flatpak-build-scripts/work/export/repo
--subject="build of org.kde.Sdk, `date`"  sdk org.kde.Sdk.json

That's the error I'm getting:
HEAD is now at a55f362... Fix the JPEG EXIF reader to deal with some
broken/corrupt files
execvp ./configure: Exec format error
Error: module qt5-qtbase: Child process exited with code 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Any ideas what could could be going wrong? If I pass --arch aarch64 it
works just fine, so it's most likely an issue with building the other
architecture.

Aleix