Contacts and Calendars Standard

Jeroen ten Berge Jeroen.ten.Berge at Vialis.nl
Tue Jul 15 10:08:30 EEST 2003

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 01:55:58PM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> >
> > Around 22 o'clock on Jul 14, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>> SNIP <<
> too - dunno
> about evo without trying (then again, 99% of email use I've seen for
> evolution was either as a POP3 or IMAP client).
Evolution supports imap, pop3, the secured variants of those, MBOX and Maildir formats, i use the Maildir format myself, it's very configurable in evolution, i'm very fond of it ;)

> I'm not sure whether "standardizing" on two formats is an extrageous
> requirement in this case.
Personally i think mbox and Maildir are allready pretty standardized, mbox is in /var/spool/mail and Maildir is usually in ~/Maildir. Other places are possible, but usually only serverside, the server is not what we target anyway.

Jeroen.