next level of freedesktop.org

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 17 07:37:25 EEST 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:36:17 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> So that's it. I believe these changes would make freedesktop.org more
> useful, and remove some of the ways that it bottlenecks on me.
> Comments are welcome.  Please feel free to post "me too" or send me
> private mail, as otherwise it's hard to judge consensus.

I think it's a pretty good idea. However, I think that freedesktop.org's
current role facilitating standardisation might get drowned out by
project work. So I'd just ask that the standards work be clearly
separated from the hosted projects.

Ideally, all the standards documents could be kept on
www.freedesktop.org and the projects on projects.freedesktop.org or
something like that.

What do you think?

-- b