menu editing

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue May 13 00:11:59 EEST 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 10:08:50PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Is there an especially compelling reason to implement this as "drag and
> drop anywhere", other than because that's how it's always been done?

I just want a drop-in replacement for the current gnome-vfs
backend. If someone wants to write a GUI editor for the menus that
maps more closely to how they actually work, that'd be fine too.

> Wouldn't that break i18n in the case of multiple users with different
> languages? Hmmm, perhaps not as the global menu names would always be in
> a standard language and the directory names aren't really relevant.

Nah, filenames (URIs) are not normally internationalized or
particularly user-friendly. (cf. the many flamewars about hiding URIs,
etc.)

Havoc