Cross compiling with pkg-config

Matthew Allum breakfast at 10.am
Sun Oct 5 23:02:53 EEST 2003

Hi;

on Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 01:38:28PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > Essentially, we need to prepend whatever DESTDIR was used to install
> > the development pieces of the packages.  A simple kludge is to add a
> > environment variable which does precisely this -- edits the prefix
> > entry.
>
> Since people are successfully cross-compiling software based on
> pkg-config, there seems to exist a sufficient solution already.

In the OpenZaurus cross compile 'buildroot', the .pc files have to be
patched when installed into the buildroot tree. I think this is the
kind of Hack Keith refers too.

Although not life threatening, its just another unnecessary annoyance
in doing cross compiles. Anything that eases this gets my vote.

  -- Matthew