Cursor conventions spec

Calum Benson Calum.Benson at Sun.COM
Mon Oct 20 19:07:54 EEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 19:39, Keith Packard wrote:

> Yeah, I agree -- and having a translucent left pointer is my current
> compromise :-).  But, I'm not sure the whole world will agree, so the
> question remains that if applications do use reversed pointers, we need to
> decide if those should be part of the standard set, and if so, what the
> semantic name and description of them should be.

I've certainly known left-handed people who say the 'reversed' pointer
feels more natural than the regular one when they're manipulating it
directly (by which I mean drawing directly on a screen, rather than
using a mouse or a separate tablet)... so perhaps one day it might be
more commonplace for it to be shown as the result of setting a global
"pointer direction" preference, rather than as an app- or
toolkit-specific modality indicator...?

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum.benson at sun.com            GNOME Desktop Group