Cursor conventions spec

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Oct 17 21:39:32 EEST 2003

Around 13 o'clock on Oct 17, Owen Taylor wrote:

> GTK+ used to use the right-arrow for menus. After many complaints we
> dropped this usage and I think it's whole lot better without. The
> arrow changing direction when you pop up the menu makes things more
> confusing and less stable.

Yeah, I agree -- and having a translucent left pointer is my current
compromise :-).  But, I'm not sure the whole world will agree, so the
question remains that if applications do use reversed pointers, we need to
decide if those should be part of the standard set, and if so, what the
semantic name and description of them should be.

-keith