how to build

Robert Woerle robert at paceblade.com
Mon Oct 27 13:50:22 EET 2003

Keith Packard schrieb:

>Around 11 o'clock on Oct 27, Robert Woerle wrote:
>

>>i found the autogen.sh and executed ..
>>but then it didnt found the pkg-config variables for the packages it need`s
>>

>You'll need to pick a place to install everything (a new "prefix", say
>perhaps /local/myX, then for each package needed, do:
>
>$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/local/myX/lib/pkgconfig
>$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/local/myX
>$ make
>$ make install
>
>As it complains about missing pkgconfig files, you'll need to install
>those packages as well.  Yes, this is a pain, and yes I'm hoping someone
>will automate the process someday, but it's not at the top of my list
>yet...

i did manage to autogen them in the row they wanted and was able to
build the Xserver very
straight forward ...

i now have the Xsmi executable and installed this and the lib`s onto my
target unit ...

how do i know again start the Xsmi ?

i need keyboard as ps2 and also 3 button mouse at /dev/psaux ...
also i ideally need to start the kdm or xdm with it ??

>Oh, and there's an xserver specific mailing list you may want to watch
>(although this kind of question is pretty relevant for anyone building
>freedesktop.org packages) -- check it out:

ok i am moving now to the xserver list !

>-keith

*Robert Woerle
Linux & Customer Support*
*PaceBlade Technology Europe SA*