how to build

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Oct 27 22:34:38 EET 2003

Around 12 o'clock on Oct 27, Robert Woerle wrote:

> how do i know again start the Xsmi ?

It's just an X server; use whatever tools you like to start it up.  The
Xfbdev manual will show you the available options (which are pretty
limited).  An easy way is to write a shell script that launches Xsmi with
the right options and make a symlink from /usr/X11R6/bin/X to it (I call
mine Xtiny).  Then most tools (like kdm, gdm or xstart) will 'just work'.

I'll enclose my script to start Xmach64, you can see how it works and
modify to suit.  Note that you should 'exec' the server from the script so
that it runs as the same process ID.  Otherwise the various X server
manager programs will get a bit confused.

-keith