server move, more updates

Joe Shaw joe at ximian.com
Thu Sep 18 19:35:02 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 19:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're migrating somewhat piecemeal here. The proposed new web site is at
> http://pdx.freedesktop.org, please comment (or better yet, log in to the
> wiki and fix) and we'll probably cut over www.freedesktop.org at some
> point once stuff is working. The default links are changed but the old
> links should be working with URL rewrites.

Is there a reason why it doesn't use the default browser font?  It
insists on palatino, georgia, serif in the CSS.  (And I personally hate
serif fonts, which is why my default browser font is something else)

On the news pages, there seems to be a lot of exposed wiki stuff.
What's all that NewsMetaData stuff at the bottom of
http://pdx.freedesktop.org/Main/News200309171956, and why do I care
about it (if I'm not editing it)?

Joe