Icon Theme overrides

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 16:17:10 EEST 2003

I'm trying to add support for the icon theme spec to ROX-Filer at the
moment. We're using it to get the MIME icons.

The question is, how do we let the user override icons? Before, the user
could set a new icon for all files of a particular MIME type (by dragging
an image to a dialog).

These icons have to override the ones set in the current theme (so we
can't install to hicolor).

Should we create a Custom theme (used by every application), and have the
theme selector change its Inherits field, or is there some other way to do
this?

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net