gnome-hello

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Fri Aug 6 12:08:31 EEST 2004

Owen Taylor wrote:
> (Excluding deprecated or marked-unstable functionality). Possible
>  other additions,  in what I would consider priority order:
 >
>  libglade

Hmm, I thought the long term plan was to move libglade inside GTK+?

>  libgnomeprint, libgnomeprintui
>  GConf

I don't think the LSB wants to go the route of specifying parts of GNOME
or KDE. They are already platforms with strict versioning policies, 3rd
party ISVs can depend on "Gnome 2.6" as a whole and get an ABI stable
platform, if not one that's formally specced out. Also, the uh ...
discussions favouring one desktop project over the other could cause
would be painful.

It's probably best to stick to software that has wide usage outside of
any particular desktop, so GTK+, Qt and libxml2 would qualify but
libgnome*/gconf would not.

thanks -mike