Trash mechanism

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 25 17:33:22 EEST 2004

--- Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> On Wed Aug 25 13:57:07 2004, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > For non trivial standards its better to use the
> same
> > implementation if possible. It would be a good way
> > avoid misinterpretrations and implementation
> glitches
>
> I totally disagree.
>
> If the specification is widely misinterpreted, then
> the specification
> is broken.

Let me explain. Lets take the freedesktop menu spec as
an example. its a relatively big spec and everytime a
implementation is created by kde,gnome,xfce and rox
there is a chance that they may do something slightly
different where things might be ambigous or where they
interpt it differently

> If a particular implementation has glitches or
> misinterpretations,
> the implementation is broken.

sure. the implementation can be considered broken. I
am just saying that the we have a high chance of
having some obscure bugs in the implementation. whats
wrong with sharing code as much as possible to avoid
these problems

regards
Rahul Sundaram