Trash mechanism

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Fri Aug 27 19:21:14 EEST 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 15:49, C. Gatzemeier wrote:
> Am Wednesday 25 August 2004 23:31 schrieb David Faure:
>
> > metadata as possible, which currently seems to be only
> > - original location
> > - original filename [see bottom of mail]
> > - date of deletion
>
> Just a thought. Since some kind of enumeration for subsequent deletions seems
> necessary anyway, why not add the deletion timestamp to the fileneme?
>
> For example if plain original directory info is used:
>
> $HOME/.Trash/drafts/trashspec[2004-08-27-1545]

Given that we need additional info in the file (the full path to the initial file)
I don't see the point of moving the date of deletion into the filename
of the info file, if we still need an info file anyway. And I think it's better to
use an info file - we can more easily add info into it later if wanted.
Keep in mind that due to the URL-based design, the above filename
will appear to the user (at least when navigating into deleted directories),
so better avoid all those potentially confusing numbers (year first isn't
usual in many countries).