menu-spec: Excluded items are Unllocated

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Dec 8 07:11:17 EET 2004

Hi all,

<insert yet another "where is the menu spec on the website?" question>

The following behaviour may be the intention of the spec, so bear with me
for a minute. :-)

When I exclude menu items by filename in my .menu file, they are regarded as
unallocated, so they're displayed in my OnlyUnallocated menu. This seems
less than optimal given that by excluding them, I wanted them to go away. :)
I could use NoDisplay=true, but that requires .desktop file changes.

Should excluded items be regarded as unallocated? If so, is there an
alternative method of hiding by filename in the .menu file?

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "We are not lovers. We are not romantics. We are here to serve you." -
                        Gary Numan, Down In The Park