menu-spec: Excluded items are Unllocated

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Dec 8 12:51:50 EET 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 06:11, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> <insert yet another "where is the menu spec on the website?" question>
>
> The following behaviour may be the intention of the spec, so bear with me
> for a minute. :-)
>
> When I exclude menu items by filename in my .menu file, they are regarded
> as unallocated, so they're displayed in my OnlyUnallocated menu. This seems
> less than optimal given that by excluding them, I wanted them to go away.
> :) I could use NoDisplay=true, but that requires .desktop file changes.
>
> Should excluded items be regarded as unallocated? If so, is there an
> alternative method of hiding by filename in the .menu file?

I can confirm your observations. In the KDE menu editor I explicitly exclude
deleted items from the default "OnlyUnallocated" menu in addition. That's
rather hackish.

Maybe we can add an attribute to the exclude tag to indicate that we really
don't want this entry around, and that it should be considered "allocated to
this menu but not shown"

Cheers,
Waldo
--