Proposal: System Tools Backends (From gnome-system-tools)

James Su suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn
Fri Dec 10 15:11:26 EET 2004

Hi,
  IMO, the current functions supported by system-tools-backends are far
from enough for daily usage. And I don't know if the API is strong
enough to support many other kind of tasks, such as configurations of
X11, network services, hardware setup (IrDA, bluetooth, printer,
scanner, TV card, sound card etc.), partition, power management,
firewall, etc.? Besides these, does system-tools-backend support remote
administration protocol, such as CIM etc.?

Regards
James Su