merge prjoects / move to freedesktop.org

James Su suzhe at turbolinux.com.cn
Fri Feb 20 05:21:32 EET 2004

Hi,
   I think it's not so suitable to move a localized software onto
freedesktop.org. In my view the softwares hosted on freedesktop.org
should be globalized.
   And could you please consider to port "AfterChinput" onto the SCIM
input method platform? And because SCIM itself is globalized, it should
be suitable to hosted on freedesktop.org.

Like uim, SCIM is an input method platform (or framework), which is
written with C++. Currently SCIM provides X11 XIM as well as GTK2 native
input method support, and can be extended to other protocol easily, eg.
IIIMF.

For more information about SCIM, you may visit
http://www.turbolinux.com.cn/~suzhe/scim and
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/scim.

Regards
James Su