merge prjoects / move to freedesktop.org

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Fri Feb 20 04:55:23 EET 2004

Hello. I'm zhangweiwu from the minichinput project.

After lots of discussion, we and the fcitx project team decide to merge
and ask to move to freedesktop.org, host our new merged project there.
The new project name is proposed "AfterChinput", but the name is not
fixed yet. (comment on this! :)

minichinput project and fcitx project are not as famouse in the free
software world world as they are amone Chinese world:) We are two of the
most widely used Chinese X input method server (XIM server), both in
GPL. As far as I know, the two software together have more than half of
the userbase amone Simplified Chinese *nix users. We hope the merge can
bring stronger/more powerful new software.

I'd be very happy if you would let us settle down. Still I have one
question: Once the project homepage is made, we want it in Chinese as we
were (UTF-8 or GB18030). I hope this is not a problem.

Thank you.