can't compile HAL from CVS

Joe Shaw joe at ximian.com
Fri Jan 9 20:24:08 EET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 12:52, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I'm certainly no expert on autotools either, but I know for a fact that
> automake-1.4 isn't recent enough. On fedora-devel I use automake 1.8 and
> on debian ppc testing/unstable it's automake 1.7.9 - earlier versions
> may or may not work. The autoconf version is 2.59 on both hosts.

automake 1.7 works, and I think anything 1.5 or newer contains the
AM_PATH_PYTHON macro.

I suppose you might be able to add that macro and friends to the
acinclude.m4 file in HAL to get 1.4 working, but I think that just
requiring a newer, saner automake is a better idea.  1.7 works quite
well for me for building everything.

Joe