Proposal: cache directory tagging convention

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jul 20 18:17:54 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 17:04, Bryan Ford wrote:
> Hi!  I've been referred to this list as the most appropriate place to
> discuss an idea I've recently written up and posted here:
>
> 	http://www.brynosaurus.com/cachedir/

The XDG base directory specification proposes to use a directory where
applications can then put their cache directories:

from
http://freedesktop.org/Standards/basedir-spec/0.6/ar01s03.html

"$XDG_CACHE_HOME defines the base directory relative to which user specific
non-essential data files should be stored. If $XDG_CACHE_HOME is either not
set or empty, a default equal to $HOME/.cache should be used."

Cheers,
Kevin