followup regarding desktop specifications

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Fri Jul 30 21:34:20 EEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:19:04AM -0500, George Kraft wrote:
> I would like to propose that a 30 minute fortnightly conference call be
> setup to drive the following as outlined:
>
> [...]

While these are all, of course, extremely worthwhile goals, I fear that
mandating fortnightly confcalls, as opposed to discussion on mailing
lists, may lead to a 'Square Pegs and their alleged incompatibility with
round holes'[0] situation.

> The end result is a well defined freedesktop.org core to be deployed by the
> Linux distributions which is validated by the LSB.  freedesktop.org wins,
> the LSB wins, the distros win, application developers win, and most
> importantly the end-users win.  :-)

Of course. Would you be interested in getting involved in the
freedesktop.org Platform initiative, then?

:) d

[0]: http://www.advogato.org/person/mharris/diary.html?start=8

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>