followup regarding desktop specifications

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 22:13:23 EEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 12:03, Ely Levy wrote:

> Maybe it's a good time to chose one,
> I know people here don't think highly of democracy
> but chosing a few people from among the developers to decide
> seems like the right thing to do..

Please read my proposal and give feedback.

My hope is that the specifications release "team" (which can just be a
couple  of volunteers for each release) should fill only the following
roles:

- Look for volunteers to propose and own specification versions
- Track that the proposed specifications are meeting the
  release milestones.
- Make sure that there is actually consensus on the released
  specifications.

There is an "owner" for each specification version that is responsible
for tracking comments on the specification and for doing necessary
edits to the specification. This is hopefully someone with a
strong interest in the technical details of the specification.

Regards,
						Owen