hal problems crashing box. at least i think its hal

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Mar 14 18:27:05 EET 2004

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the late answer - this message only made it through moderation
on xdg-list so I just seen this.

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 06:59, Justin wrote:
> ive been working mostly with the rpms made available at
> http://freedesktop.org/~david/dist/

Right - I haven't updated these for a while due to no connectivity at my
new place, but as soon as I've got DSL again (next week) I will continue
to provide packages for fedora-devel.

>  not sure what other information
> is usefull just let me know.

The issue you describe may have been solved already (it sounds like
media detection problems; that was fixed a few times in February I
remember).

Please try the latest version from CVS - if it still fails please post
an entry in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.freedesktop.org) with a log from
when running 'hald --daemon=no' and the output of 'tree /sys'. Also,
please ensure that the hardware works correctly without hald running.

Many thanks,
David