xcompmgr

Jean-Christophe HOELT jeko at free.fr
Thu Mar 18 19:00:06 EET 2004

Hello,

I think it's the good mailing list to send this kind of message :

I hacked a bit the xcompmgr stuff of xserver, so I think some may be
interrested by the changes.

mainly :
- shadow computation was slow, so I precomputed a shadow corner at
launching time and then I use it for creating every new shadow image.
(which is now really faster)
- added some command line options (such as default shadow size and opacity)

but also some stuff I did for personnal use, so I don't think the
following are very clean :
- especially a config file which define the drawing method and opacity
wished for a window, depending on its name.
- of course a way to specify the drawing method (alpha blending or
pixels addition for now)
- a way to disable the shadow for some windows.

anyway, it was quick hacking so maybe this last 3 points are not really
in the "spirit" of freedesktop, I mean:
it do not use xml, it does not store data as "windows properties", etc.
If you're interested to see it anyway, here is the URL:
http://jeko.ios-software.com/

Best regards, keep up good work with freedesktop and xserver.

    Jean-Christophe Hoelt