Configuration API

Avi Alkalay avi at alkalay.net
Sat May 1 18:45:44 EEST 2004

> In my opinion, a configuration system/API must be system wide. But I
> don't think all software developers will accept a unique system/API
> easyly. So maybe, regular configuration files can also be a backend?

Yeah. Definitivelly, the most dificult job for a configuration API is to
create an ecosystem around it. Not the code.

So this is why it must be the simplest possible.

A *COMMON* configuration API doesn't add much value to the software that uses
it. But, if adopted, helps a software to be more "easy-going" in a "society
of softwares", and leverages a more integrated system as a whole. "Society"
means all current, legacy, and any possible future software someone can
imagine, without restrictions, thinking out of the box.

I hope that everybody are able to see the above as its main value, and design
to achieve it.

Regards,
Avi

--