Configuration API

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue May 11 20:41:53 EEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 10:29, Dave Cridland [Home] wrote:
> Equally, there's a huge amount of configuration data which is naturally
> desktop agnostic - email related information, for instance, as well as
> addressbooks and bookmarks if we choose to go that far.

My current view is that address book, bookmarks, and email should not be
in a "preferences" API at all - these things should be user-visible
"documents" instead that the user can drag around and manipulate.

This mail has a bit more on that:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gconf-list/2004-April/msg00024.html

Havoc