Notification status

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Tue Nov 2 20:01:03 EET 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 01:06:37PM -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I just checked out the libnotify and notification-daemon stuff.  Great
> work.  I'm going to start designing it in to Fedora.  I was wondering if
> the daemon is still being worked or if there are plans to finish it by
> gnome 2.10?  Another option is for me to start work on a python version
> of the daemon but if the notification daemon is still a live project I
> wouldn't mind contributing.  A couple of notes - distcheck doesn't work
> so I can't write a spec file to create test packages.  Also, the
> activation directory has changed from /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/services
> to /usr/share/dbus-1/services/ in dbus CVS.  I can submit a patch for
> that one.

Hey John.

Sorry I missed you on IRC the other day. I've been out of town.

The daemon will definitely be done by 2.10. Mike is working on it at
home, though he still doesn't have net access there. Hopefully he'll
have it soon. Either way, we'll have it ready before then, I'm sure.
So yes, the notification daemon is very much alive :) Commits are just
semi-infrequent due to the box not having a net connection for the
time being.

I'll fix make distcheck and the services path tonight. If you want to
submit a patch, feel free. That'll probably get it in faster, since
I'll be at work until about 8:00 PST tonight.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://galago.sourceforge.net/