Notification status

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 20:06:37 EET 2004

Hey guys,

I just checked out the libnotify and notification-daemon stuff.  Great
work.  I'm going to start designing it in to Fedora.  I was wondering if
the daemon is still being worked or if there are plans to finish it by
gnome 2.10?  Another option is for me to start work on a python version
of the daemon but if the notification daemon is still a live project I
wouldn't mind contributing.  A couple of notes - distcheck doesn't work
so I can't write a spec file to create test packages.  Also, the
activation directory has changed from /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/services
to /usr/share/dbus-1/services/ in dbus CVS.  I can submit a patch for
that one.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer