Migration of windows between displays

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Fri Nov 12 00:18:00 EET 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 16:59 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 16:46 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
>
> > You are opening a big topic: the current XSecurity extension isn't
> > useful; Eamon Walsh started doing work in the spring to bring SELinux
> > style policies, but he's no longer available, and that work is
> > languishing (any volunteers).
>
> I hear some people are working on trusted X again, I'm hoping we'll get
> a posting soon about it.  It's useful for a lot more than just this
> case.

Yup.  It should be very useful.

Who is working on it?  Last time I pinged the SELinux folks, the answer
was they'd like to, but there wasn't anyone free at that point once
Eamon finished his internship.... And we'd like to start a more serious
dialog: there is increasingly real interest to start dealing with
multi-user displays (e.g. projectors).

				- Jim