I can't login to freedesktop.org via ssh, how should I do?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Nov 20 21:19:17 EET 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 11:45 +0800, James Su wrote:
>   I'm the maintainer of project SCIM. But I can't login to
> freedesktop.org via ssh since it was compromised. I'd like to check if
> SCIM's svn repository was compromised, but how could I do?

It's kind of tricky.  We only have diffs of our CVS stuff, because I
made a tarball back in October and copied it to another machine, which I
know has not been compromised.  We don't have diffs of our svn
repository to compare for 'before and after'.

However, you can rsync over the SVN tree from fd.o:
rsync -a gabe.freedesktop.org::svn-compromised .

and check it out to see if your repository's changed.

Cheers,
Daniel

(PS: No, SSH logins are not ready for the general case yet.)