Icon theme specification: Standardizing icon names

Ryan Gammon rgammon at real.com
Wed Oct 13 20:46:30 EEST 2004

Frans Englich wrote:

>On Monday 11 October 2004 22:03, Ryan Gammon wrote:
>

>>Frans Englich wrote:
>>

>>Will document (mime type) icons ever appear in this spec? Would
>>RealAudio/RealVideo mime type icons eventually show up in a fdo spec?
>>How does RealAudio/RealVideo and RealPlayer work with this proposal?
>>

>The mimetype icons issue is left out in this discussion(to take one thing at a
>time :). The mime-icons naming scheme for /icon themes/, will probably be
>derived from what the fd.o's mimetype database says, and since Real file
>types are in it, there will be names for those as for any other mimetypes.
>You perhaps wonders how that affects priority, and how you should
>name/install your own mimetype icons, but that's a separate discussion.

Cool.

One thing to consider when eventually tackling mime icons is dealing
with icons for datatypes "owned" by third parties, as with RA/RV. IMO,
Real's probably going to want veto power over theme integrated versions
of the RA/RV icons. We can cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess.

--
Ryan Gammon
rgammon at real.com
Developer for Helix Player