Icon theme specification: Standardizing icon names

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 15:21:42 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 13:52 +0200, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> * Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> [Oct 21. 2004 13:30]:

> > However, I thought the idea was to come up with a common standard for
> > icon themes that both KDE and Gnome could use. If that is indeed the
> > goal, then not breaking the policies of these organizations (such that
> > they wouldn't use the standard) would be a good idea.
> >

> I guess it was the RedHat part that upset me. I cannot imagine that I
> would argue with someone about the way that SUSE does things :-)

Yeah. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Red Hat at all. I
did that mostly to show that this isn't only a crazy Gnome thing, and
that its likely that many other players will do the same.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a short-sighted Republican dog-catcher on a search for his missing
sister. She's a hard-bitten wisecracking journalist living on borrowed time.
They fight crime!